Photography, Poetry & Short Story Competitions
Dunshaughlin Harvest Festival Creative Writing and Photography Competitions
Closing date extended to Monday 24th September – get your entries in now for some great cash prizes!
To mark the 2012 Dunshaughlin Harvest Festival, we are pleased to announce three separate competitions that are open to anyone who has ever spent any time in Dunshaughlin – so we welcome entries from present-day and erstwhile Dunshaughlonians as well as people from all over the world who have paid the town a visit.
The three competitions have one overall theme: “A good time in Dunshaughlin”
(but please note that this need not be the title of your entry).
Competition 1: Photography
The Dunshaughlin Photography Competition 2012 has two categories: Youth (under 16yrs) and Adult.
- To enter – please submit a digital photograph, taken by you.
- Photographs will be judged on topicality, composition and overall content.
- Whilst multiple entries for this competition are accepted, the jury reserves the right to shortlist only 1 photograph per entrant.
Competition 2: Poetry
The Dunshaughlin Poetry Competition 2012 has two categories: Youth (under 16) and Adult.
- To enter – please send us a manuscript, as a Word document.
- Your poem should be no longer than 500 words
- In addition to standard-style poems, Sonnets, Limericks, Haikus and other recognized formats are very welcome.
- Whilst multiple entries for this competition are accepted, the jury reserves the right to shortlist only 1 poem per entrant.
Competition 3: Short Story
The Dunshaughlin Short Story/Essay Competition 2012 has two categories: Youth (under 16yrs) and Adult.
- To enter – please send us a manuscript, or as a Word document.
- Your short story/essay should be written in English, and should be between 500-2000 words.
- Whilst multiple entries for this competition are accepted, the jury reserves the right to shortlist only 1 short story/essay per entrant.
For each of the above competitions a suitably qualified jury will be appointed – their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
While it is not our intention to generate commercial income from your work, we reserve the right to publish it in order to generate awareness/sponsorship for the festival – without remuneration. However, in all other aspects you will retain the rights of your work.
Each entry should be accompanied by a note stating:
1. Your name and address
2. Your age category (Under 16yrs or Adult)
3. The title of your work
4. Your acceptance of the rules as indicated here (“I agree with the rules”) including your agreement that your work may be used free of charge for awareness/sponsorship purposes
Please send your submissions to arts@DunFest.com OR post/drop it in to the Festival Office (beside Foleys Forge), Attention: Arts Team, Main St., Dunshaughlin.
Last date for entries is Monday 17th September, 2012.